How can I use the technology in HyFlex Classrooms?
You can use our Hyflex classrooms for both face-to-face and online courses. Please follow the guidelines for the most effective use of Hyflex classrooms.
Step 1: Making Necessary Installations
In order to be able to use the fixed camera and microphone system in the classrooms, please make sure to complete the camera and microphone installations that suit your operations system.
Please note that you will not be able to use the camera and microphone in the Hyflex classrooms unless you complete the necessary installations. If you have any problem with installations, please do not hesitate to contact us via Solution Center.
Step 2: Preliminary Preparations
- Go to the Zoom link of your course on LMS.
- Make sure to log into the Zoom application with your Özyeğin email account.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the “eduroam” network.
- Start the Aver camera application you have installed. You will use this application to adjust the perspective angle of the fixed camera.
Step 3: Activating the Microphone and the Camera:
Connect the cable labeled “Zoom” on the lectern to the USB port of the computer. For computers with USB Type-C ports (for instance Macbook Pro), you may request a USB Type-C converter from the IT User Support unit.
- Click on the microphone button on Zoom. On the displayed menu, select "Line (Steinberg UR22C)".
- In order to give the sound to the class in the use of HDMI in the faculty of law classrooms, click on the Zoom microphone button and select “Extron HDMI” from the opening menu.
- Click on the camera button on Zoom. On the displayed menu, select "Aver 3PTC310U".
- Go to the Zoom Application click on the settings icon.
- Click on the “Video” area and select “HD”’.
- Stay within the black lines on the floor for effective sound transmission.
Step 4: Sound Activation for Zoom Participants:
The following adjustments should be made in order to enable the audio participation of online students.
- Connect the sound cable (AUX) on the lectern to the headphone output of your computer in order to hear the voice of the Zoom participants in the classroom.
- Click on the microphone button on the Zoom screen. On the displayed menu, select the Headphone (Conexant ISST Audio) option.
- After this, you will be able to hear the voice of your students interacting with you.
*For any problem that may arise, you may contact our audio & visual team at 0216 564 90 00 either using the landline on the lectern or your mobile phone.
Our Hyflex Classrooms:
AB3: 133 - 134 - 135- 136 - 235 - 236 - 330 - 347 - 348